Merry Meadows Recreation
1523 Freeland Rd. Freeland,
Md. 21053 410-357-4088
Falls Sluice and Mine
List of Amenities goes on and on...
- Golf Range
- Giant Swing
- Pickle Ball Courts
- Miniature Golf
- Crazy Bikes
- 3 Horseshoe Pits
- Volleyball Court
- Basketball Court
- Softball Field
- Jump Pad
- Frisbee Golf
- Fun Center
- Pet Park
- Wi Fi (free)
- Little Falls Stream
- Aquaculture Pond
- Nature Trails
- Entertainment Center
- Two Laundry Rooms
- Tourist information
A Brief History of Merry
In December of 2010, Morris
Meadows changed its name to Merry Meadows. The original owner, Clyde Morris,
retired and sold the business to his daughter. The proud history of the Morris
family still resonates throughout the countryside. Ancestors of the Morris
family came to America from Wales, United Kingdom on a sailing vessel that
sailed as far as possible up the Susquehanna River during the early 1700's.
Upon their arrival, they began working for their pay in return for their passage
to the New World. When paid in full, they proceeded to walk to find land of
their own, and finally settled here in Maryland. A copy of the first recorded
land deed, writing on goat skin on December 4, 1793, is on display in our
registration lobby. Careful examination reveals the name of Samuel Morris,
Jr., and the tract of land known as "Morris' Choice".
the years, the land acreage varied as did the occupation of the Morris ancestors.
A son of the first landowner was a decorated veteran of the War of 1812. A
brother- in- law of the third generation owner was killed at Gettysburg during
the Civil War. Their bodies lay in the nearby Mt. Zion United Methodist Cemetery.
Clyde Morris served in World War II, and his son is a highly decorated, disabled
veteran of the Vietnam War. Not too often will you find 7 generations of one
family that have lived and worked on the same land for over 200 years.
the late 1950's to the 1970's, Clyde bought 500 acres of contiguous open and
heavily forested land. Most of the land was divided between grain and cattle
farming. There was a huge herd of Angus cows and calves that roamed the hillsides.
These Angus produced several grand champions at well- known livestock shows.
With the growing demands of recreation and family camping, in 1970, Clyde
decided to turn his attention and 200 acres to recreation. He spent the next
forty years designing, creating, and building Morris Meadows Recreation Farm.
It is the desire of Clyde's daughter and family to maintain the same principles
and high standards established by her parents. "Our goal here at Merry
Meadows is for you and your family to enjoy the country, the activities, and
the local and state attractions, but most of all to have fun as a family together".
Propane Service- We fill
20, 30, & 40 pound propane tanks in the morning and early evening. Your
motor home can be filled by appointment only.
Snack Bar- Stop in the Snack
Bar on your
way to Bingo
or after you
set up your
RV and get
some delicious hot food such as french fries, cheeseburgers,
onion rings and ice cream cones.
Storage and Towing
heavy traffic and costly towing by storing your RV with us
- Year around storage at just $20.00 per week (No Prorating)
- On and off site towing service only $10.00 each way (usually done after
Wednesdays and Mondays)
- Reserved Space for Motor homes & 5th Wheels- pay $22.00 weekly
following are some important things to know about Storage:
- First you should confirm with the office that there is space in the storage
lot BEFORE bringing the RV in.
- We do not store RV's older than 15 years old
- All RV's in the storage area must have current license plates on the RV
at all times (otherwise, the RV cannot be stored here)
- You must complete the Storage application. There must be a copy of the
RV title and current registration on file at all times while the RV is the
storage lot. The name(s) that appear on the current registration must sign
the storage application. It is your responsibility to provide Merry Meadows
with a copy of the current registration each year.
- We do not send out statements. It is your responsibility to keep the storage
account current. You have a 28 day grace period before a $1.00 per week
late fee is applied to your account. Please only pay for the weeks that
you are certain the RV will be here, as we do not refund any overpaid storage
payment if you were to decide to give up your storage space.The account
must be current before the RV is towed.
- We do not take credit card payments over the telephone. Past due storage
accounts will be reported to the police department as abandoned vehicles.
You will be responsible for all storage fees, necessary towing fees, legal
- We do not hold RV keys.
- To go into the storage area, the office must be open. You must obtain
a special storage pass from the office. The pass must be displayed on your
dash board when going into the storage area. Anyone in the storage area
without he storage pass will be asked to leave the area.
- If you choose to cover your RV while it is in the storage area and the
tarp or cover damages another RV, you will be responsible for all damages.
RV will not be towed while it is covered.
following are some things you should know about Towing:
- A phone call before Wednesday is all you need to have your RV towed to
the outgoing area for your easy pick up; or to a pre-reserved site in Merry
- For insurance reasons, we do not allow anyone to tow their RV into our
storage area unless they have permission from Lois or Lenny.
- On and off site towing service- only $10.00 each way.
- Scheduled towing days are Monday and Wednesday.Call before these days
to have your RV towed, as towing is usually done early in the morning.
- Towing on demand is $15.00 one way if someone is here to do the towing;
$25.00 for RV's 34' and over
- There will be an additional charge if the RV hitch has a lock on it or
if the tires are flat
- If you have a reservation to camp at Merry Meadows, it is your responsibility
to advise the hostess taking your camping reservation, that your RV is in
our storage and needs to be towed to the site.Your reservation will then
be flagged for towing.
- When you drop the RV off to be towed into the storage area, you must notify
the office that the RV is on the parking lot to be towed into storage. Please
do not block the late arrival sites when dropping off the RV.
- For Merry Meadows to tow an RV, the electric jack must be in working order.
Otherwise, we cannot tow the RV.
All About the Resort